What information do we collect?
We collect information from you when you register on our site, place an order, fill out a form, or through other direct contact with you.
When ordering, registering on our site, or updating your personal profile or firm listing, you may be asked to send us personal information such as your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number or credit card information. You may, however, visit our site anonymously.
What do we use your information for?
Arrington Funeral Homes may use the information collected from you in any of the following ways:
- To better serve you through by allowing us to personalize our member records and target our mailing lists.
- Where applicable, Arrington may use information provided to report continuing education information as required by licensing authorities. This use may result in sharing of information provided to Arrington through this site with licensing authorities. By utilizing this site, you authorize Arrington to make any necessary disclosures to such licensing authorities.
- Arrington will use the email address you provide with your order to provide confirmations, respond to requests for information, customer satisfaction surveys, and otherwise communicate with you regarding your order. We may also use it to inform you about other Arrington products, programs, events, and information. You may “opt out” of such communications by contacting Arrington Main Office with your request.
- We may send information about Arrington programs, surveys, products and other information to your mailing address if you provide one, even if the primary reason you provided your address was not primarily for this purpose. You may “opt out” of such communications by contacting Arrington Main Office with your request.
- We may use information you submit to send you targeted marketing about Arrington programs, surveys, products and other information that may be of specific interest to you and your firm. Again, you may “opt out” of communications by contacted Arrington Main Office with your request.
- We may provide information you submit to Arrington’s “Preferred Partners” to provide you with information regarding their offerings
How do we protect your information?
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline.
Wherever we collect sensitive information (such as credit card data), that information is encrypted and transmitted to us in a secure way. You can verify this by looking for a lock icon in the address bar and looking for “https” at the beginning of the address of the Web page.
While we use encryption to protect sensitive information transmitted online, we also protect your information offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, billing or customer service) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the sites or service providers systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
Do we disclose any information to outside parties?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you. We require such third parties to agree to keep your personal information confidential. We may release personal information to our “Preferred Partners” so that they can contact you with information about their offerings. We may also release your information when appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect the rights, property, or safety of Selected and/or others.
Non-personally identifiable aggregated demographic information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
Compliance with Privacy Laws
Because we value your privacy, we have taken the necessary precautions to be in compliance with the Alabama Online Privacy Protection Act, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, and the General Data Protection Regulation. We therefore will not distribute your personal information to outside parties without your consent. Any personal information we collect from you is either by your consent or through your legitimate interest. This website is not directed to and information is not collected from children under the age of 13.
This policy was last modified on July 24, 2019.
Contacting Us If:
- In the event your personal information is inaccurate or incomplete, or • In the event that you would like to remove your personal information from Arrington’s database or restrict its use, or
- If you object to Arrington’s use of personal information, please notify us using the information below, including your grounds for objection, Then you may request these changes by contacting us using the information below.
520 Cotton Ave SW, Birmingham, AL 35211
Phone: (205) 786-6288
Email: [email protected]